At the Wiener Privatklinik, we offer our patients all aeromedical examinations under one roof, a feature that remains uniquely our own in Austria.
Information on aeromedical examinations
Wiener Privatklinik, the oldest aeromedical center in Austria, provides all aeromedical examinations in one center.
According to EASA Part-FCL, the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology has authorised the Aeromedical Center of the Wiener Privatklinik to perform aeromedical examinations for initial and extended examinations for Medical Class I, Class II, Class III and Cabin Crew.
Pilots with an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) or Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) have to perform the initial examinations in an aeromedical center. At Wiener Privatklinik, these examinations can normally be completed in one morning.
Wiener Privatklinik is operating the aeromedical center in cooperation with the Austrian Aeroclub.
Pilots who are members of the Austrian Aeroclub receive various benefits.
Necessary documents for apllying for an aeromedical certificate
The following examinations are necessary for the issuing of an aeromedical certificate:
- Ophthalmologic examination
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) examination
- Pulmonary function test (PFT)
- Basic labs (lipid status, blood count, …)
- Blood pressure
- Urine analysis
- EEG and lung x-ray, if required
An already existing lung x-ray is acceptable, if not older than six months.
The initial examination of an aeromedical certificate is performed by the Aeromedical Center (AMC). All following examinations are performed by either the AMC or the AME Class I or II.
|until 40 years||ATC||Class 3||2 years|
|from 40 years||ATC||Class 3||1 year|
|until 40 years||PPL||Class 2||5 years|
|until 50 years||PPL||Class 2||2 years|
|from 50 years||PPL||Class 2||1 years|
|until 60 years||CPL / ATPL||Class 1||1 year|
|from 60 years||CPL / ATPL||Class 1||6 months|
|Cabin Crew||5 years|
All examinations will take about one day in total.
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III||480,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III for non austrian citizens||540,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III Aeroclub + AOPA||450,00€|
|Ophthalmologic examination (eyes), mandatory||180,00€|
|Additional Ophthalmologic examination (eyes) for Class III, mandatory CAD||200,00€|
|Ophthalmologic examination (eyes) after laser surgery - 2nd examination necessary||200,00€|
|Psychological Test ONLY Class 1, obligatory|
(kind of Personality Test, a number of tests relate to: Logical thinking, Memory, Stress tolerance etc.)
|Extension Medical Class I + III|
|Extension Medical Class I||250,00€|
|Extension Medical Class I for non austrian citizens||290,00€|
|Extension Medical Class I Aeroclub + AOPA||210,00€|
|Other Medical Classes Initial examination|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL||275,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL for non austrian citizens||330,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL Aeroclub + AOPA||195,00€|
|Other Medical Classes Extension|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC||190,00€|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC for non austrian citizens||250,00€|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC Aeroclub + AOPA||160,00€|
|Medical reissue in case of loss||70,00€|
|Medical reissue in case of name change||50,00€|
|Lung function test||70,00€|
Please note that for all the medical examinations in our Aeromedical Center is at least Language Proficiency Level 4 (ICAO) required. If this is not the case, we ask you to bring a translator with you or we are happy to assist you with organizing a translator at extra costs. Please contact our International Patients Department : firstname.lastname@example.org or +43140180-8700
All about examination procedures
The following must be observed to ensure a smooth procedure:
- Name, mailing address, date of birth, and place of birth
- Telephone, fax, e-mail (in case of further questions)
- Initial examinations or follow-ups?
- Applied medical class (1, 2, 3, Cabin Crew)
- Whether or not an ophthalmological examination required, which is always the case in initial examinations, following which such examination take place at different intervals, determined by class and age.
- Is an ENT examination required, which is always the case in initial examinations, following which such examination take place at different intervals, determined by class and age.
Required documents for the examination:
- Valid picture ID, mandatory for initial examinations
- Flight licence and medical licence, if available
- If you need prescription eye glasses, prescriptions indicating correction values of previous eye examinations are required.
- For all pre-existing conditions, all medical reports and documents must be furnished to the Wiener Privatklinik.
- Military service exemption documents indicating reason(s) for exemption are required.