The Aeromedical Center (AMC) at Wiener Privatklinik is the longest standing comprehensive institution with this point in medical gravitation in Austria. There, all aeromedical examinations are done under one roof which constitutes a nationwide unique feature.
Information on aeromedical examinations
According to EASA Part-FCL, the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology authorized the Wiener Privatklinik Aeromedical Center to perform all initial and extended examinations for Medical Class I, Class II, Class III, and Cabin Crew.
As all Airline Transport (ATPL) or Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders have to undergo initial examinations at an aeromedical center, we offer that all such examinations can be completed within the shortest time possible consisting of one morning.
Wiener Privatklinik is operating its Aeromedical Center in cooperation with the Austrian Aeroclub.
Thus, pilots who are members of the Aeroclub are entitled to a number of benefits.
Required medical examinatis/documents
for an aeromedical certificate application:
- Ophthalmological examination
- Ear, Nose and Throat examination
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Basic Laboratory Testing (Lipid profile, blood count, urinanalysis etc.)
- Blood Pressure
- Chest X-ray, if required (a recent Chest X-ray – no older than six months – is acceptable)
Important: We accept only medical examinations performed in Wiener Privatklinik.
The initial examination for the aeromedical certificate is performed by the Aeromedical Center at Wiener Privatklinik. All subsequent examinations are also performed by the Aeromedical Center.
|until 40 years||ATC||Class 3||5 years|
|from 40 Jahre||ATC||Class 3||2 years|
|until 40 Jahre||PPL||Class 2||5 years|
|until 50 Jahre||PPL||Class 2||2 years|
|from 50 Jahre||PPL||Class 2||1 years|
|until 60 Jahre||CPL / ATPL||Class 1||1 year|
|from 60 Jahre||CPL / ATPL||Class 1||6 months|
|Cabin Crew||5 years|
All examinations will take about one day in total.
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III||480,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III for non austrian citizens||540,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class I + III Aeroclub + AOPA||450,00€|
|Ophthalmologic examination (eyes), mandatory||180,00€|
|Additional Ophthalmologic examination (eyes) for Class III, mandatory CAD||200,00€|
|Ophthalmologic examination (eyes) after laser surgery - 2nd examination necessary||200,00€|
|Extension Medical Class I + III|
|Extension Medical Class I||250,00€|
|Extension Medical Class I for non austrian citizens||290,00€|
|Extension Medical Class I Aeroclub + AOPA||210,00€|
|Other Medical Classes Initial examination|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL||275,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL for non austrian citizens||330,00€|
|Initial examination Medical Class II + CC + LAPL Aeroclub + AOPA||195,00€|
|Other Medical Classes Extension|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC||190,00€|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC for non austrian citizens||250,00€|
|Extension Medical Class II + CC Aeroclub + AOPA||160,00€|
|Medical reissue in case of loss||70,00€|
|Medical reissue in case of name change||50,00€|
|Lung function test||70,00€|
Please note that for all the medical examinations in our Aeromedical Center is at least Language Proficiency Level 4 (ICAO) required. If this is not the case, we ask you to bring a translator with you or we are happy to assist you with organizing a translator. Please contact our International Patients Department: email@example.com or +43140180-8700
All about examination procedures
The following must be observed to ensure a smooth procedure:
- Name, mailing address, date of birth, and place of birth
- Telephone, fax, e-mail (in case of further questions)
- Initial examinations or follow-ups?
- Applied medical class (1, 2, 3, Cabin Crew)
- Whether an ophthalmological examination is required, which is always the case in initial examinations, following which such examination takes place at different intervals, determined by class and age.
- Is an ENT examination required, which is always the case in initial examinations, following which such examination take place at different intervals, determined by class and age.
Required documents for the examination:
- Valid picture ID, mandatory for initial examinations
- Flight license and medical license, if available
- If you need prescription eyeglasses, prescriptions indicating correction values of previous eye examinations are required.
- For all pre-existing conditions, all medical reports and documents must be furnished to the Wiener Privatklinik.
- Military service exemption documents indicating the reason(s) for exemption are required.