of the Wiener Privatklinik
2021: The Wiener Privatklinik has been selected as one of the worlds best hospitals
Newsweek magazine has teamed up with Statista for the third time, after 2019 and 2020, to publish the list of the Best Hospitals in the World 2021.
Wiener Privatklinik, as one of the largest private hospitals in Austria, is honored to be listed in this ranking and to be able to call and establish itself as one of the best hospitals in the world 2021.
In our hospital there is one simple rule: our goal is to be there for the patient in every respect with the highest quality of service and care the moment the patient enters our hospital.
2020: Launch of the Online Healthcare Center - a Service provided by the Wiener Privatklink
In the sense of a future-oriented orientation of the company and as an additional service for our patients, Wiener Privatklinik launches the Online Healthcare Center. This is a platform on which patients who do not have the opportunity to visit the attending physicians of the WPK on site, but still discuss second opinions and any treatment plans with the respective doctors.
2020: UNIV.-PROF. DR. CHRISTOPH ZIELINSKI IS NAMED NEW MEDICAL DIRECTOR
04.05.2020: Univ. Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Christoph Zielinski is the new Medical Director of Wiener Privatklinik.
After 10 years at the front line at Wiener Privatklinik, the medical director, o. Univ. Prof. Dr. Rainer Kotz, retires from this function and continues to concentrate entirely on the medical field.
He has been Medical Director of Wiener Privatklinik since 2010 and was one of the most important members in the development of Wiener Privatklinik.
2018: Opening of the Wiener Privatklinik office in Timișoara
In addition to the office in Bucharest, the Vienna Private Clinic opens an office in the culturally impressive city of Timișoara, strengthening relations with international patients.
2016: Launch of the WPK Central European Academy Cancer Center
At the WPK Central European Academy Cancer Center we offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment options and their combinations following the criteria of very recently generated scientific evidence.
The specialists at the WPK Central European Academy Cancer Center enjoy a first-class reputation in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Dr.h.c. Christoph Zielinski, the head of WPK Academy Cancer Center. “We at WPK ACC work as one team, united by a common goal to improve the quality of life of our patients.”
2016: Opening of the Wiener Privatklinik offices in Bucharest
The Vienna Private Clinic opens a representative office in a prime central location in the Romanian capital Bucharest. The tasks of the office are classical marketing, the development of partnerships with the local health care market and the supervision of the “Visiting Professor Program”. Most importantly, the Bucharest office is a point of contact for patients and patient referral agencies to answer inquiries and arrange treatment at the Vienna private clinic.
(No medical consultations or examinations take place in the office).
2014: The Health Service Center
The Health Service Center opens its doors, marking yet another milestone for the WPK. The state of the art health facility is directly connected to the WPK through a short passage.
The Health Service Center houses an imaging center with MRI and CT, an appointment center, 20 consultation rooms, a prosthetist, offices, and the WPK administration.
2010: MR mammography – modern diagnostics for breast health
Since September 2010, WPK has been offering MR mammography in addition to mammography and ultrasound to patients seeking comprehensive breast health diagnostics.
2010: Univ. Prof. Dr. Rainer Kotz, is named new medical director
After 15 years as medical director of the WPK, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hanno Millesi hands over the helm to Univ.-Prof. Dr. Rainer Kotz. Prof. Millesi, internationally renowned for his research work, as well as his commitment to both doctors and patients throughout his career has advanced the WPK to new heights, as a medical center with superior quality standards. Prof. Millesi will continue at the helm of the “Millesi Center” at the WPK, and will remain dedicated to a number of scientific endeavors.
2009: MRI at the X-ray Center at WPK
Since 2009, the imaging ordination at WPK offers, in addition to classic radiological services, and the multi-slice computer tomography, MRI studies as well.
This is to ensure that patients at WPK get the full range of diagnostic analysis under one roof.
2006: Angiography system allows for minimally invasive surgery to the heart and blood vessels
Since 2006, WPK’s imaging ordination has had the most modern angiography systems in all of Vienna. Narrowed coronary vessels, and all other vessels can be diagnosed eliminated at the same time.
2005: Launching of the Senior Center, Liechtenstein
Commissioned by the Liechtenstein Castle’s senior center, the WPK group expanded its business into the field of care and rehabilitation.
2005: Expansion of Wiener Privatklinik
With the extension of the house on two parts of the building, WPK reaffirms its position as one of the leading private hospitals in Vienna. The new south wing of the hospital offers state of the art facilities, new opportunities in diagnostics, and best medical and nursing care for our patients in a stylish atmosphere.
Since 1995: Wiener Privatklinik Operations-GES.M.B.H. & CO.KG
Since 1995, Acting as an operating company of the Wiener Privatklinik, Betriebs-Ges.m.b.H. &Amp; Co.KG under the leadership of Prim. Dr. Walter EBM and KommR Dipl.KH-Bw. Robert Nikolaus Winkler, MBA.
In 1987 the building was completely renovated and has, since then, belonged to the most exclusive private clinics in Europe.
1987: First Kidney Transplant at a Viennese private hospital
A major milestone in the history of our hospital’s surgical wing was a kidney transplant in 1987; the first ever in a private hospital in Vienna.
1929: D. Canning Childs Foundation
On September 19, 1929, prestigious American foundation, S. Canning Childs, acquired the “Women’s Medical Institution of Sanatoriums Löw.” The sanatorium was knowns throughout the monarchy as a modern maternity hospital. The first director of the sanatorium was Dr. Alfred Edelmann. The creator of the foundation was known as Mister Childs, a Jewish gentleman of Polish origin, whose real family name was Kindermann, but who changed it to Childs as he emigrated to the United States of America. It is said that Mister Childs met Dr. Edelmann at spa in Karlovy Vary, and was so impressed with the doctor, he offered him a directorial position at his hospital. The primary focus of the new hospital were surgery, internal medicine, and urology.
1871: Women’s Medical Institution of Sanatorium Löw
The name Dr. Anton Löw is inextricably linked with the history of the Wiener Privatklinik. Dr. Löw was born in 1847 in Bratislava. He received his doctorate in medicine in 1872. Dr. Löw was an exceptionally successful physician both at Sanatorium Löw and other hospitals such as Purkersdorf near Vienna, as well as Mariannengasse.